I created two Frankenlamps this week: A floor lamp and a plugin ceiling light
Floor Lamp: I bought this old green slag glass shade on Ebay and retooled a newer floor lamp I had hanging around, to accommodate it. I updated the harp with an antique (Ebay) and added a new switch (Amazon), since those parts could be seen with my shade. I also added an adapter (Ebay) at the top of the harp to safely hold my slag shade, and a new finial (Ebay) with green glass ball top.
Plugin Ceiling Light: I also bought three white slag glass shades and 1940’s mixed metal light on Ebay, then retooled them to accommodate each other. I added a painted medallion and light canopy to hide the connecting wires, and later (not shown) I added wire cover channel to better hide the wire on the ceiling and wall corner.
Both lights connect to a battery operated remote central switch at the main doorway. Since there was no light in this room at all, this has helped tremendously.
I ended up switching the seating area in this room with the desk and chair in the master bedroom. You can actually sit in our master bedroom now on the yellow $30 thrift store sofa, or the blue $40 Facebook Marketplace wing back chair and watch TV with the girls. You can see a poorly lit photo of that here.